I’m always happy to meet new female artists on Lyrical Venus! I feature music from both well established acts and independent artists on my radio show and blog.
To be considered for airplay on the Lyrical Venus Radio Hour, please send music to:
Lyrical Venus Radio Hour
c/o KRUU FM
405 N. 2nd St.
Fairfield, IA 52556
To be considered for a blog feature, please send me your relevant links (EPK, Facebook page, YouTube – wherever I can preview your music) to:
LyricalVenus at gmail dot com
Sadly I am only one person, Lyrical Venus is a labor of love, and there is a LOT of great music out there! So if you submit something, please be patient. I WILL check out everything. But here are a few things to keep in mind to increase your chances and speed up the process:
- Take a look at my previous posts or playlists on the station to get a feel for the flavor of music I tend to play. The range is pretty wide, but there’s a general theme. If you don’t fit the theme, I probably won’t play you. But I still think you are awesome for making music!
- No need to send everything all at once. Just introduce yourself and send a link to someplace I can listen to your music and I’ll let you know if you should send a CD or download link.
- I’m more likely to feature you on the blog if we do an interview, either written or on the air. In fact, due to life and time constraints, at the moment I am pretty much only posting when I have an interview, and I’m mostly only doing interviews for artists performing a show in Fairfield. (I do post videos on my Lyrical Venus tumblr at random times, so if you have an awesome video you could submit that as well.) We can also do written interviews where I send you the questions and you fill in the answers and send it back.
- I’m more likely to play your music on my radio show if you include a one sheet with a track listing, song titles and times. (Unless these are clearly indicated on the CD packaging). I absolutely have to know if there are any songs with profanity the FCC wouldn’t like, because I can’t play those. If you tell me ahead of time, I don’t have to listen to the whole album to find out.
- I don’t usually need a full physical press kit sent with the CD. The one sheet is enough. A jpg is usually more useful to me than a printed photo. I DO need your press info, but save the paper and just let me know where I can find it all online, or email it to me if you don’t have it posted somewhere. If I need something more, I’ll ask for it.
- DO follow up with me if you don’t hear back in a couple of weeks, I have a lot on my plate and sometimes things slip through the cracks!
If you have any questions, email me at LyricalVenus at gmail dot com!
Thank you for making music! You rock!